Episode 18: How to Survive Menopause
Although it's as old as ovaries, menopause remains medically mysterious and more unmentionable than menstruation, something guests Nina Lorez Collins and Krysta Rodriguez are totally over. Today, Cristen and Caroline get hot-flashed 'n' bothered investigating what to expect when you're expecting menopause (or not).
More from our guests
Nina Lorez Collins and What Would Virginia Woolf Do
- Follow: Twitter // Insta // Facebook // Site
- Read: What Would Virginia Woolf Do? And Other Questions I Ask Myself As I Attempt to Age Without Apology
- Anonymous. I Went Into Menopause in My 30s. The Cut. Sept. 17, 2014.
- Caputo, Ibby. 20-Something, With Menopause. The New York Times. June 25, 2016.
- Collins, Nina. How Kathleen Collins's Daughter Kept Her Late Mother's Career Alive. Vogue. Sept. 5, 2016.
- Collins, Nina. The Fighter: Domestic Violence Against Men. Elle. March 24, 2013.
- Fisher, Nia. What It Feels Like to Go Through Early Menopause at 35. Marie Claire. Aug. 31, 2017.
- Gordon-Webster, Claire. Going Through Menopause in Your 20s and 30s Sucks. Broadly. Sept. 16, 2015.
- Green, Penelope. A Chat Room of Their Own. The New York Times. March 28, 2018.
- Harvard Health Publishing. Perimenopause: Rocky Road to Menopause. Harvard Women's Health Watch. Sept. 20, 2017.
- Mayo Clinic. Menopause. Aug. 7, 2017.
- Mayo Clinic. Perimenopause. Oct. 21, 2016.
- Moore, Suzanne. There Won't Be Blood: Suzanne Moore on Menopause. New Statesman. Aug. 17, 2015.
- Newman, Judith. Burning Woman. The New York Times. June 5, 2014.
- Parker-Pope, Tara. Meet the Super Flasher: Some Menopausal Women Suffer Years of Hot Flashes. The New York Times. July 25, 2016.
- Purcell, Carey. A Conversation Between Two Cancer Patients, and How Krysta Rodriguez Is More Open Than Ever Before. Playbill. Aug. 22, 2015.
- Rodriguez, Krysta. I'm 30 Years Old, and I Have Breast Cancer. Cosmopolitan. March 9, 2015.
- Rodriguez, Krysta. Krysta Rodriguez on Womanhood After Breast Cancer. Lenny. April 12, 2017.