Extra Unladylike: How to Plan an Abortion Trip
Abortion may be legal in the U.S. (for now), but that doesn't mean it's accessible to everyone who needs the procedure. In Texas, a huge state where clinics are few and far between, pregnant people can face days of travel and all the expenses that come along with it. That's where Fund Texas Choice comes in. Cristen and Caroline share an interview with "abortion travel agent" Natalie St. Clair, who helps people access the care they need.
This EXTRA UNLADYLIKE bonus episode is available exclusively on Stitcher Premium.
Use code UNLADYLIKE to get 30 days of ~free~ listening, plus ad-free access to our entire catalog!
More from Fund Texas Choice
- Fetcher, Joshua. Meet Natalie St. Clair, the Texas 'Abortion Travel Agent' Who Helps Women Access Clinics. My San Antonio. March 3, 2016.
- Hellerstein, Erica. The Rise of the DIY Abortion in Texas. The Atlantic. June 27, 2014.
- Prewitt, Taylor. Riding the Rails of the Underground Abortion Railroad from Texas to New Mexico. Broadly. Feb. 6, 2016.
- Ura, Alexa. Texas Student Creates Travel Fund for Abortions. The Texas Tribune. March 12, 2014.
- Van Oot, Torey. I'm an Abortion Travel Agent. Refinery29. Jan. 30, 2017.
- Wallace, Michelle. Here's How Dangerous Abortion Was Before Roe v. Wade. Complex. Dec. 06, 2016.
- Zerwick, Phoebe. The Rise of the DIY Abortion. Glamour. May 31, 2016.