Episode 12: How to Sell Weed
Legal cannabis is America's fastest-growing industry and reportedly one of its women-friendliest. Cristen and Caroline sort the hype from the hangups around women and cannabis with help from three ganjapreneurs who are having their Big Weed Brownie - and rewriting its recipe, too.
More about our guests
- Aspan, Maria. Why Women Founders Are Ruling Legal Marijuana. Inc. May 2017.
- Cabot, Heather. Women in Weed Clap Back at Federal Government's Threat to Legal Pot. Forbes. Jan. 4, 2018.
- Coughlin-Bogue, Tobias. The Word 'Marijuana' Versus the Word 'Cannabis.' The Stranger. April 13, 2016.
- Duberman, Amanda. Women Are Leading the Charge for Racial Justice in Legal Weed. HuffPost. Jan. 18, 2018.
- J. Walter Thompson Intelligence. "High Times: From Joints To a Lifestyle Movement: The Rise of the Cannabis Economy." February 2018.
- Lewis, Amanda Chicago. How Black People Are Being Shut out of America's Weed Boom. BuzzFeed. March 16, 2016.
- Lidz, Gogo. Women in Weed: How Legal Marijuana Could Be the First Billion-Dollar Industry Not Dominated by Men. Newsweek. Aug. 20, 2015.
- Livni, Ephrat. Legal Weed Is an Amazing Business Opportunity for Women. Quartz. Oct. 14, 2017.
- Margolin, Madison. High Times 100 Awards Gala Brings Former Counterculture Bible Into the Mainstream. LA Weekly. March 7, 2018.
- Prence, Katherine. The Herbs of Your Grandmothers. The New York Times. May 18, 1902.
- Wilcox, Anna. The Origin of the Word 'Marijuana.' Leafy. March 6, 2014.